Sunday 23 September 2012

My Thoughts Ahead of Invasion Belfast V



So as you probably all know now, I have changed my mind and now will be going to Invasion Belfast V after all! Let me go through the main things I am focusing on for what I will do there!

The panels: This to be honest is what changed my mind on whether to go or not. When they posted the schedule for the two days, I looked through the schedule, and everything going on just sounded really fun! Ok, there are a couple of things for the little kids I don't need to think about, of course, but their are some nice panels for sure. Very excited to see the Drawing Star Wars Workshops by Will Sliney. He's a talented artist, so that panel will be good to see. It's on at three separate times during the day too, so no way will I be able to miss it! The Actors Q&A from the three Original Trilogy actors who will be there (Jeremy Bulloch, Anthony Forrest & Tim Rose) will be good to go to as well, and finally the the Quiz from Following the Nerd! Definitely those are what I look forward to most from this event.

The cast: I will admit, I am still very much let down by the cast selection. No one that blows me away is coming. Don't get me wrong, Jeremy Bulloch is a GREAT guy and very nice to talk to, but when he's at literally every Invasion event it does get a bit redundant (or just crazy if redundant offends anyone, which I don't mean to). I understand Jeremy has been a huge supporter behind Invasion and has helped it become so popular, but I still think it would be ok to leave him out every once in a while. Will Sliney was at Invasion Dublin earlier this year, so again a bit of a silly choice, but I still look forward to his panel I mentioned before. Then we get to the three new guests I haven't met before, and honestly wouldn't mind missing out on them, or two of them at least. First we have Anthony Forrest, who plays the oh-so-iconic (yes, that was sarcasm if you couldn't tell), "Move along!" Sandtrooper from A New Hope and a character called Fixer who was in some deleted scene. I don't want to be too critical of Anthony, but I'm sure there are MANY better cast choices Invasion could've gotten over a Sandtrooper. Next is Jerome Blake, the only Prequel Trilogy actor there who basically plays several of the ugliest Prequel Trilogy characters (Oppo Rancissis, Orn Free Taa, Rune Haako & Mas Ameeda). Nothing too exciting there. Lastly is Tim Rose. I'll admit, I'm a bit interested to meet him, but he wouldn't be anywhere near my first choice. And let's face it, people MAY only go this guy because he said the amazing line, "It's a trap!". Again, I'm trying not to be critical, but I think the cast selection is a let-down, considering how great Invasion Dublin's was in terms of variety and choices.

Collectable stalls: These conventions are a great way to buy some more items for the collection! Unfortunately due to saving for Celebration Europe II next year, I won't be able too buy that many things probably, it all depends on the prices, but I wouldn't mind getting around 3 or 4 figures, new or older.

Photo Area & Props: Let's admit it, how COOL is it for us Star Wars fans to pretend we're getting pictures with actual characters in when you meet people who do great costumes of certain characters? I know I enjoy it, and look forward to seeing the costumed characters at this event and hopefully get a few pics! And it's always great to see what amazing props the designers create! Many of the props are detailed so accurately it's unbelievable! 

Anyway, I can't wait to go on the Saturday of the two days this event will be held, and I hope I will have a good time! Hopefully I can get videos from Jeremy Bulloch & Tim Rose mainly for my Youtube channel. Anything is possible, right? 




1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great time at Invasion Belfast V. Looking forward to your reports after the convention :)

    ReplyDelete