Saturday 5 January 2013

Interview with Brian Thomas Smith

Here is my interview with actor Brian Thomas Smith, who's most notable role was as the character Zack Johnson in the comedy show The Big Bang Theory! Read on for the interview!
1. What was it like working with the rest of The Big Bang Theory cast?

A. Working with the cast of the BBT was an amazing experience. Everyone on set was such a professional. From the table read to the live studio audience taping, everyone was always on their A game. I was initially supposed to be a guest star on just one episode, so it really came as a surprise when the cast readily welcomed me. The cast didn't have to be so friendly, especially since I was supposed to be gone in a week. 
I had great conversations with the entire cast. Mayim (Amy Fowler) and I especially bonded because we were both working on our first BBT episode.
They all have a lot of fun on set. There was plenty of Ping Pong breaks and everyone usually eats lunch together. The Director, Mark Cendrowski, keeps the set very relaxed, but we get a lot done and are always ready for producer notes. You can tell everyone is really appreciative of their job.

I would say I was most impressed with Jim Parsons, though. He learns an extensive amount of dialogue every week, and his attention to detail is ridiculous. This is why he wins awards.

2. What was it like being Superman in The Justice League Recombination? Was the costume comfortable and was it designed to specifically suit you?
A. Being Superman was so cool! Not only because he is the coolest super hero, but also because he is the center piece of the Justice League. I just loved how the episode started out with the guys bullying Zack and then ended with all of us bonding after winning the costume contest. 
The wardrobe team is exceptional on set. They had a Superman suit and then custom fit it to my body. It was comfortable, but it was super sweaty. It didn't breathe much. They even used maxi pads in the armpits so I wouldn't sweat through it.

3. How much do you think Zack's dim-witted personality adds to the humour of the show in the episodes he appears in?

A. I have had so many fans tell me that Zack brought a different level of comedy to the show. Zack was a character that even made Penny look smart. In addition, he brought a sense of normalcy to the show. A "guys' guy" type of vibe. Not everybody that watches the show is a brainiac.

4. Do you think we'll see Zack again on the show?

A.  I sure hope Zack makes a come back. Lots of fans always ask when I'm coming back and I tell them hopefully soon. I felt like my character got past the ex-boyfriend stage and became like one of the guys by my fourth episode. So hopefully it will be easier to bring him back.
There is a "Zack is Back on the Big Bang" Fan page on Facebook  Maybe if a lot of people campaign for him to come back I can get back on the show.
5. I hear you'll be attending The Big Bang Theory convention E=MC Geeked in Birmingham, England next year. Are you looking forward to it? Have you been to conventions before?
A. I'm gonna be at the E=MC Geeked convention in Birmingham and I can't wait. Never been to England and it will be fun to see some cast and all of the Big Bang Fans of England. This is my first convention like this so I don't really know what to expect.
Cheers!
-Brian Thomas Smith
To see more check out my website: brianthomassmith.com

No comments:

Post a Comment