Sunday 20 January 2013

In-Person Autograph Success with James Arnold Taylor


Date: May 4th, 2012

Event: Star Wars Invasion Dublin III

Venue: CityWest Hotel

On May 4th of last year I attended the Star Wars convention in Ireland known as Invasion Dublin. This was the third Invasion in Dublin and the second I'd attended. And I genuinely have to say, before this event I never thought I'd meet a member of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars cast. It's my favourite TV show, and I never imagined I would one day get to meet one of the voice-actors behind it. However, thanks to Invasion Dublin, that all changed and hopefully at future conventions I'll get to meet more of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars cast. At the time of this event, I wasn't much of an autograph collector, heck I didn't have any autographs whatsoever back then. But once I saw voice-actor James Arnold Taylor was attending this event, I knew I had to make his my first celebrity autograph. Unfortunately James was busy most of the day and so could only start signing a lot of autographs after his "Talking to Myself" show, but it was worth the wait to talk to such a positive person and a overall great person. You can tell he genuinely cares about his fans. I'd actually used up all my money earlier in the day, so one of my friends gave me the money to get James' autograph, but there wasn't enough for a signed picture so I got James to sign the back of a Star Wars: The Clone Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi figure packaging I had bought earlier in the day. The figure had cost me a mere €2 as there were lots of that figure at the stall that was selling it, and James' signature on the packaging cost only €10, which I thought was a pretty good price for a celebrity autograph, considering a lot of autograph prices are way more expensive. So between buying the figure and getting James to sign its packaging, it cost me only €12. A really good deal! Very happy to have met James and definitely would like to meet him again at another convention, there's just nothing negative you can say about him. He's just an all-round nice person and acts the way you'd want celebrities to act around fans. 


No comments:

Post a Comment