Monday 15 April 2013

Interview with Robert Muchamore

Here is my short interview with author Robert Muchamore, best known for writing the CHERUB and Henderson Boys novel series! Read on for the interview!
1. How did you come up with the idea for the Henderson Boys series? Was there any inspiration you took from anywhere else for the series?

A. I came up with Henderson's Boys because I wrote a bit about Charles Henderson at the start of The Recruit and people kept asking me for more information on how CHERUB began.

2. The final book "Scorched Earth" met the known end of a main character during the events of World War II, and that character turned out to be the main female character Rosie Clarke. Would you say it was always your intention that Rosie would be the main character to die during World War II or was there even any time when you were going to kill off any of the other main characters during that event? 

A. I think there was always an idea to kill Rosie because she was the only girl agent, and it says on my site that the post war CHERUB organisation was boys only until the late 1950s. 

3. Throughout the series many characters established and teased Marc Kilgour about being "Henderson's favourite". Considering at the end of the book which dates what happened to many characters up until 2012 leaving all of the main characters except Marc dead by 2012, would it be fair to say Marc was your favourite as well?

A. I guess I did really like Marc. He wasn't the absolute star like James Adams in the CHERUB books, but for me he was always the most important character and probably my favorite one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment